Wednesday, March 07, 2007

...war against continued...

…we’ve talked about this before…how I dislike writing reviews on books and things…and part of this is because I can’t read so that makes it difficult to review writing – similar to the difficulties of a deaf person reviewing music…or a blind person reviewing beauty…basically what I’m getting at is that I know what it must be like to be blind or deaf…Furthermore…or less…I dislike reviewing also because there is a fear of sounding like the following – I was reading up on the latest issue of The New Yorker, a sub teacher’s usual prep ritual – magically I can read this magazine…it does exist!...there was an AD for T. Jefferson Parker’s latest effort Storm Runners…If I were to read it and review it passing in conversation with a cracker of mine that needs some new reading material to get hip to some shit most crackers skip through and keep on the bookshelf, I would call this book “excellent”…some dude referred to as Kirkus, I quote, reviewed book as “…superbly wrought…intensely readable.”…-“How readable was it?”…-“Intensely”…yeah, ok…What does “intensely readable” even mean?...however, that quote is intense in itself and therefore a quality quote that human-beings with half a brain will say, “Oh, it’s intensely readable…sounds like my kind of book…I’m going to buy it”…What about the war against these book reviewers and movie critics that make up descriptions, get paid for it, and they don’t make any sense…here are some examples…

“Inventive”…writing…inventive…that can’t be possible…what if it weren’t inventive…could it still exist…

…more stupid reviews at later date…

No comments: