Sunday, April 01, 2007

...Across Brooklyn Bridge to the World Trade...

...Please click all pictures to get a much larger view...



Last week my brother JK and I took a trip across the Brooklyn Bridge then took a left to visit the World Trade Center…and the following day went to check out the spot formerly known as punk’s Mecca, CBGBs…

…BROOKLYN BRIDGE…

…After work on Tuesday, JK and I decided we needed a dosage of NYC culture…during my last stay in BK, I’d run the Brooklyn Bridge everyday…the bridge connecting Brooklyn to Manhattan, but for me more of a bridge between this gut and becoming more in shape…that was three years ago, and since then I’ve been in and out of shape a couple times…presently sporting a rock solid beer gut…this is due to when previously moving to BK I’d been doing sit-ups everyday, but then hurt my back…because I’m 24 and that’s when backs start to become a pain in the ass…and back…a back hurts and 12 ouncers quench the pain, equaling my rock solid gut…

…we get to the bridge and swampass formed…the reasoning for this is that the previous day was almost the coldest day of 2007 – so it would only make sense that the hottest day shall follow…what a beautiful day to walk across the bridge, mocking how everyone except yourself has a ridiculous walk…and then almost getting killed by a biker going 75 mph down the bridge......it was about 5 PM…the sun was still out unfortunately…because the best time to walk across this is at night when the whole city is lit up…I recommend this to all visitors…JK was impressed, and said it was “pretty cool”, and my lustrous hair was blowing in the wind as I rated the passing female Asians…whether they were qualified as Delights or not…that one certainly wasn’t as I tossed the fish of the Hudson River my cookies…now, that one definitely was a delight because I think I got a chubby…it’s amazing how the attractiveness of females gets better as you travel further up in Brooklyn and closer to Manhattan…this is not only true with the Asian culture, but also true with the White gals and Sistas…















...Enter...
...The WORLD TRADE CENTER…



…We conquered walking the bridge and headed to the World Trade Center, which again I visited 3 years ago…being in front of it again and my first reaction was that 9-11 was real again…for me, it hadn’t been for awhile…opposed to those that lost family and friends and it’s oh too real for them everyday…but for someone that didn’t lose anybody, 9-11 had become an administrations tool for justifying everything that went wrong…my second thought, after officially walking over to a fence where you could look into the former locations of the Twin Towers, was now it looks like the largest dump you’ve ever seen…second thought was that New Orleans has no hope if this is what our nation has done with Ground Zero…it’s been almost 6 ½ years since the tragedy, and 3 years since I last saw this…and I’m convinced there really are no plans with what to do with the area…because there really hasn’t been any progress seen with my eyes…the very often outspoken and politically minded JK could really only say “wow”…and all other viewers stayed silent, I’m guessing at first out of respect for the names of listed lost lives, and then out of astonishment of the visual…here are some pictures that weren’t easy to take…I had to squeeze the camera through a fence…this is what lingers next to a neighborhood of NYC resident’s homes and eateries…

(Below: On left was me squeezing camera through fence, trying to catch a glimpse of Ground Zero; and on right is first true snapshot of what Ground Zero presently looks like)...


















(Below: more looks, including pictures posted on fence seperating us from Ground Zero)...






























(Below: A plane flew over site when JK and I observed)...


(Below: Us existing the site at night)...


...

...

...And the following day, JK and and I went to find CBGBs...and to find...











...click on picture to right, and CBGBs used to be located to the left of the sign "Space Available"...

No comments: