Wednesday, April 11, 2007

...lil sidebar with THee Band...


...well, not The Band...or for those kids, I'm not referring to Da Band...but Thee band of Thee times Man!...and this is THE White Stripes...and the announcement of their new and 6th album, Icky Thump, to be released in the states on June 19th...I'm sluggin’...I've got that Jack White itch...and Meg White compliments Jack more, at the moment, than the Raconteurs...take a look at the cover art for Icky Thump...and I'm getting the feeling the Stripes will score 6 for 6....



..but before that is released, I am looking forward to another favorite, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's follow up to Howl...due out on May 1 is Baby 81, reportedly promising a mixture of all their past 3 albums...I preferred their last folk blues record Howl the most, but when you make an album that good, BRMC can do anything they want...even put a song on a car commercial...they had been completely against this; however, finally decided the revolution was over...not exactly...but they did find away to do the commercial while reporting that they are giving ALL the money to charity...the car company and charity will not be printed on this here blog..I am not an advertising medium......

however; Baby 81 release date is too far away to remain music abstinent...On April 24th, the Arctic Monkeys come out with their second album…their first was a solid effort that obviously is making me see what they got next…should be interesting…and…Tom Morello, Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave guitarist, is coming out with an album, under the alter ego name The Watchman, on the same date…I’ve heard a couple songs…and the influence of Dylan and Springsteen are coming out…I can’t wait for this…

…and I guess that should supply my music fix until June 19th…ICKY THUMP!...

No comments: