Friday, September 24, 2010

..."need a dump truck, baby, to unload my head"...

...My computer recently went kurplunk...so out of fear of losing a life's work of writing, I'm going to start posting stuff I've written...from memory...

...this one...from the archives of my thought-dreams, back when I was a kid?, written as a freshman in college, and then as a senior in college I attached this to the end of my senior thesis...when my insomnia began, I think...


Every Time I Write
...

I want to write
And I want to write like there is no end
But because I know there is an end
I want to write so I can lend my friend - some knowledge
And in return he can lend me some of his
I want to write so we can live this
And the result is our kids being better off
I want to write so we respect the musician
And their music we bought
I want to write to ignite an original thought
Maybe something I have never contemplated before
I want to write so I can write more
Along the way there will be some more wants and maybes
And I know this music is not going to save me
Yet I savor the time I spend to write a rhyme
Maybe it will teach me
I want to write so the subject matter matters
I want to write for emotions like sad, happy, pissed off or cause laughter
I want to write another chapter and predict my future
I want to write not to preach
But tutor to stop the stagnation of neutered minds
I want to write not to undermine those who lived the life of crimes
But to stop future crimes
I want to write the sign of the times
And make them brighter
I write not to find her
Because it will come naturally
I write to capture the meaning of life
My life, my future
I choose to write
I want to write to paint a bright picture
Worth more than a thousand words but actions
Sent into your heart instead of your eyes
I write with no disguise
This is how I feel
I write to deal with the frustrations of growing up
I write what’s up, what brings us down, and what keeps evolution
I want to write to stop pollution of environment and soul
I want to write without races to see everyone as a whole
I want to write so much
But I have to pace
Because my heart feels like it’s in a race
I know you feel it in the base of my voice
I love writing
And it was completely my choice to take time and write this rhyme
I’ll write to climb the hill to the mountain of my potential
Wanting to write these is the writing credential
Write for a reason
Call your writing the age of reason
Write to escape the treason of yourself
For yourself and your family
I write
Not to impress
But to leave impressions
Writing might be an obsession
But with an objective to learn a lesson and testing my skills
While too many others gain thrills from materialistic things and drugs like pills
So their future never reaches the mountain of their potential
At the blink of an eye self-esteem falls down hills
I don’t want to write the tales about those who fail
Who go to jail
And the only bail out of this misery
Is suicide dead or alive
You in the past like history
Instead, I want to write and make history
Yet I know this generation isn’t going to read me
And even if played they still won’t listen or understand me
But I’ll keep writing and make sure my friends and family feel me
Because I do feel them
Every time I write.


...(eh, maybe my generation would understand me)...

No comments: