Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...Sunday Mo Jo with a flow of a Ben Harper show...


…that is the best 40 minutes of music I have ever heard…now, before you jump the gun, or anything else one must jump in order to get their hands on Harper’s “Lifeline”…I am not saying this is the best 40 minutes of music I’ve ever heard…I may have made that statement because I’m high on sleep deprivation…or maybe the music I just listened to was really that good…I’ll have to take a cat nap (equivalent to a half dozen people naps…which is also the same as 6 naps, but humans like to sophisticate their speech up while achieving nothing really)…a cat nap to give more validity to this…I’m into music that makes you depressed while uplifts a cracker too…other albums that give this feel are: Van Morrison’s “Moodance”…and Cat Power’s “The Greatest”…however, those two artists and albums, I did not anticipate…Morrison is a musician that my father passed onto my brother and I…raise your Guinness pints for Irishmen…-“Moodance” was my first impression of him…and the same goes for Cat Power’s “Greatest”…on the other hand, I have been listening to Ben Harper’s music since I sucked my thumb…which brings me, a Ben Harper fan for approx. 5 years…I’m 25?...I’ve been anticipating Ben’s new one since his last one…not that his last, “Both Sides of the Gun”, wasn’t good…I’m just a greedy fan and “we want more Benjamen!”…the whole reason I’m writing this, other than my sleeping skills deceased, is because “Lifeline” delivered…it’s his best album yet…I like all of his albums, but I love “Diamonds on the Inside”, and “There Will Be A Light” with The Blind Boys of Alabama…good news is, I like “Lifeline”, after one listen, the most…there is nothing like waiting for an album and having it exceed expectations…that’s what my parents say about their child writing this…or what ladies have also said during yearly “Sarcastic Days”…this album, recorded in a Paris studio, was completed in 7 days, or one more day than a half dozen…so I’m gonna give this a week listen and write back hopefully to confirm this…how come the ladies haven’t called back to confirm theirs?...I’ll get back to ya in 7 days…the actual album comes out August 28th, next Tuesday…but you don’t have to look too hard to hear it online…BUY The Real Thing though…and there’s a Cup of Sunday Mo Jo…

1 comment:

Johnnyk said...

Can I get a burned copy of yours?