Sunday, August 01, 2010

..."need a dump truck, baby, to unload my head"...

...My computer recently went kurplunk...so out of fear of losing a life's work of writing, I'm going to start posting stuff I've written...from memory...

...This is what I remember of this song...I had attached the first few lines to my post on Jack Kerouac's On the Road...that can be found in the June section...here's the rest...after reading, please comment on what you think...

Resonate...

All I want is the unknown
It will reveal itself in due time
I can’t wait
But apparently I can
Because I have to
And that is how we all grew
It all traces back to that music
And its continuous footprints
That have been followed
And will be followed by generations to come
And so
The street performers will continue to play the walking tune
As passerbys hum yet run to wherever they’d get to anyways if they’d walked
And this is what I’m presently learning
And this is what I’m presently learning…
But not living
I mean man, it's already 1:25
And I still don't feel alive
I've spent all day drinking coffee
And listening to musicians tell me what life has to offer me
Let's take the R-Train uptown
And see if any of this is true
No man, I've gotta stay inside and document this for you
Maybe one day I'll step afoot the outstide like a few
And there is a few
Well, there is a collage of artist's I do admire
But will they inspire?
Because something tell someone
That true inspiration will only come from ones own creation
I guess that's why so many are inspired by their own children
But in the present
I'm just sittin', drinkin', thinkin'
Sittin' and drinkin' this too much thinkin'
When am I gonna get back to livin'?
But in the present
I'm here - all alone
And all I hear - is the whispers of momma sayin'-
"Please come home
I, I love you so"
And, so
I'm sittin' here
Starin' 'round at a room filled with nothings
Well, I do have a bookshelf filled with plastic borders of Rock-n-Roll
The latest technology that can't exemplify that same-n-soul
Old trees that used to provide the oxygen are now written on
And I thought the scripture was supposed to be reveal-n-my-role
But no,
They don't fill that inner hole
Like plaster can
To that wall one by the door
That nobody seems to come or go through - these days...
But anyways
I met a songwriter today
And he was giving off vibes of someone that has something to say
I met a songwriter today
And for today
He uses his writing like others pray
And so, I say -
Pray on, write on, and live on
Because as long as you remain a writer today
You'll remain a fighter for the tomorrow
But before tomorrow creeps in
The feeling usually creeps in
When it's time to go to bed
Because what was meant to be done
Well, the songs were never sung
The books never read
As instead, I fed myself with wishful thinking
Thinking what I was writing was on the brink
And then the thinking dimmed the bright day to a dark night
And it's hard
Oh so hard
To sleep on this tonight
Because I've got something to say
But today just couldn't force the toungue
And it's getting harder to breath
As I can feel my lung starving to be rung
And living a dream unsung
Will leave a heart broken
And eventually leave it not tickin'
And boy do we love that deafening sound
And dreams
Well, dreams will tear you apart with fear
Because the thought of them coming true is never clear
But dreams
Dreams will pull you up at the most pathetic hour
Ain't another thing is this world that can help one devour this kind of sorrow
It's funny - when entertaining this
We have other's to borrow
And so, until tomorrow
Let my words resonate in your soul like Rock's 'Tussin
And let a poet tell you one last something -
I don't want my words fading away in song to be the memories of me
I want my smiling face to be placed inside your head
When you're trying to fall asleep late at night in bed
And now you're smiling
And my words fade
Like your presence for today
As you slip away into dreams until the sun rises
And I don't want the last song on the album to be my death letter
But if it is
To all those sick in your own night
I hope you feel better
So turn off this song and put on your own sweater
Or whatever makes you warm
Maybe this song does, so to turn it back on
And sing-along
And remember -
Pray on, write on and live long
Because we have all traveled along ways away to get here
And now that we are here
It's not the way we thought it would be
I guess we haven't arrived yet
Or that this is - just the way it is
Making us intoxicated by nostalgia
With everyday wishes
Wishing we were still kids
Becoming adults
Wishing our dreams away
And now tomorrow is today
And so, will I finally say?
Well, we will see
And then the songwriter said to me -
Hearts are red
Veins are blue
I hit both when I speak through
And my words
Well, my words -
They will leave you in a mind state that's nostalgic
Like a lyric hovering over an acoustic
And my words
Well, my words -
They will make you laugh so hard you will cry
My words, they will make you cry so hard you will laugh
And while you're off doing that
I'm gonna listen to the music until I go deaf
And after that
You can tell me what's left
To live for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice passage. Thought-provoking and emotive, filled with thoughts i've had before for sure. i can relate. Nice.